Thursday 24 October 2013

Did you know that Avicii has a charitable heart?

We know that's he's very popular. As well as being an ace DJ with a knack for producing unique music that crosses over with mainstream pop, Avicii is a charitable guy. Since achieving widespread commercial success, Avicii began working with his manager and executive producer Ash Pournouri to start House for Hunger in 2011, a charity dedicated to alleviating global hunger. House for Hunger is a non-profit charity that is based on the idea that house music can bring people together, and that's exactly what Ash and Avicii are aiming to do. 

“We have traveled to nearly every corner of the world,” says Ash, “and witnessed the famine and hunger that are problems in every country, from the richest to the poorest. We were compelled by our experience to address the issue of hunger in an impactful way which would involve many people, gain great exposure, generate more commitment and engage people over time. We have the power to activate a whole generation of young people, speaking to them in a way in which no other organization can. They trust us and we can help them engage in the fight.”

“When Ash came to me about this idea, everything about the project just makes sense to me,” added Avicii, aka Tim Bergling. “I feel very blessed to be in the position that I'm in to begin with, being able to do what I love and traveling around the world seeing all these amazing places and meeting all of these different people from different cultures. Hunger hits everywhere and no country immune to it.”

Avicii explained, "You have to give something back. I am so fortunate to be in the position where I can actually do that. I feel lucky every day when I wake up and am able to do what I love and make a living." The House for Hunger has donated over a million dollars to Feeding America. It also funded The Feed Foundation, a charity founded by Lauren Bush, allowing it to distribute over 2 million school meals throughout Africa.

Avicii


Tim Bergling, better known as Avicii, was born on September 8, 1989 in Stockholm, Sweden. Aside from being a famous Swedish DJ and remixer, he is also a record producer. The meaning of the word avicii? "In Buddhism it means the lowest level of hell," says Tim. "I was honestly just looking for a MySpace name and had remembered the word Avicii from a friend. It just sounded cool."  

Avicii is a dance-genre DJ who ranked No. 6 on the Top 100 DJs list by DJ Magazine in 2011, No. 3 in 2012, and was ranked No. 3 again in 2013. Said Avicii in April 2011, "I've always been into music, and growing up with older siblings I've also had loads of different influences when it comes to my music taste. There are loads of other people that have influenced me but I think the biggest inspirations I've had aside from my manager has been the Swedish House Mafia guys and Eric Prydz, they were the ones who first got me into house!"

On a smaller scale, Avicii's known to be generous with his music, often releasing free tunes to his fans whenever he reaches social media milestones. What a guy!




                                       






No comments:

Post a Comment